- This event has passed.
Conference: Iconographers Without Borders
March 29 @ 10:00 am - March 30 @ 9:00 pm
From March 29 to 30, 2019, will be held at the Centre Spirituel et Culturel Orthodoxe
Russe in Paris the first edition of the Iconographers without Borders project, with an
open workshop, exhibition and a round table, to which the French public and tourists
from the capital of France are invited to be next: believers, specialists and lovers of
Orthodox iconography. We will propose new themes and open discussions on current
trends and benchmarks in liturgical art.
This year’s edition subscribes to the recovery
and confession of the Tradition of the One Church in the contemporary iconographic
space, a living and well-founded liturgical and theological foundation.
Although the exhibition and workshops will take place outside the area of worship itself –
and perhaps that is why – our initiative wants to be a coherent and firm link between laity
and clergy in the spirit and in the right order of To the living church, to which we belong.
The exhibition will remain open until April 27, 2019.
- Priest Jan Nicolae, associate professor at the Faculty of Theology,
- Priest Michel Quenot, expert on icons, Fribourg, Switzerland
- Anca Vasiliu, Professor Sorbonne, Paris
- Emilie Van Taak, iconar, Paris
- Gaetano Passarelli, University Professor, Rome, Italy
- Alexander Soldatov, professor and church painter, Serghiev-Posad, Russia
- Jonathan Pageau, sculptor and liturgical art publicist, Quebec, Canada
- Vladimir Bulat, art critic, Bucharest. Fresco – continuity and innovation in contemporary